I have made my own cookie recipe! I was inspired by domino cookies (made famous by Great American Cookie) and, of course, chocolate milk.
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of Nesquik chocolate flavored powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups of butter
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- Ghirardelli white chocolate chips to taste
The most important and delicious ingredient is the white chocolate chips. I am in love with Ghirardelli chocolate ever since my trip to Ghirardelli Square in San Francisco. I found these on the baking aisle of our grocery store.
The recipe is a very basic cookie recipe and makes about 3 dozen cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 350 and prepare your cookie sheet either with parchment paper or cooking spray.
- Combine flour, Nesquik powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixer, combine softened butter and sugar on a medium speed until creamy.
- Continuing to mix on medium speed, add eggs one at a time. Next, beat in the vanilla.
- Now, set the mixer on low speed and add the flour mixture slowly.
- When everything is completely mixed, fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Spoon out as desired onto your cookie sheet. Make sure to leave about 2 inches between each cookie because they spread a lot.
- Bake for about 9 minutes and let cool.
These cookies satisfy a chocolate craving without being too rich. The texture is somewhere between brownies and cookies. Hot chocolate would be a perfect match if it hadn’t been so hot today.
Let me know what you think! I would love to hear your ideas and other recipes!